POPLAR CREEK PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT JOB POSTING
TITLE: Creative Media Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Media Services Department
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time; Salary depending upon education and experience
The Poplar Creek Public Library is adding an extensive Media Center to our space and service offerings. We are looking for an innovative, creative team player with an aptitude for digital technologies from apps to 3D printers, music studios and green screens. Do you enjoy teaching others about these technologies while working in a collaborative work environment? If so, this opportunity may be for you?
- Assists individuals of all ages with a variety of technologies and maker programs including assisting with drop-in technology and maker sessions
- Assist in the development, teaching and evaluation of a variety of technologies and maker programs
- Promote and maintain the makerspace vision and statement through its services, technologies, programs, outreach events, displays, and handouts within the context of the library as a whole
- Stay current with all technologies as well as emerging technologies and the continuous pursuit of learning new and better tools for doing the job well
- Assist patrons with downloadable materials, e-readers, and tablets
- Assist in choosing for purchase sound/video software/equipment to outfit studios and keep them up to date
- Effectively convey library policies and procedures to the public and staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: 4 year college degree in a related field, or an LTA required, MLS preferred. Supervisory experience preferred. Bilingual a plus.
Experience: Public Library experience preferred. Experience with emerging media technologies
Supervisory Responsibility: Dependent upon qualifications
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Poplar Creek Public Library District
c/o Human Resources
1405 S. Park Ave.
Streamwood, IL 60107-2997
The Poplar Creek Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. The Library complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Persons needing accommodations in the application or interview process should notify the HR Manager. Nothing in this site constitutes a promise or offer of employment.
EVerify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security