Library Mission Statement
The Poplar Creek Public Library District provides materials, information, technology and cultural opportunities to enrich, empower, educate and entertain people of all ages and backgrounds.
Library Vision Statement
The Poplar Creek Public Library District is a vibrant institution that enriches life in the community by providing books and other materials for recreation and self-education, free access to technology, and cultural and informational programs that enable people to come together, share ideas and information and pursue lifelong learning
- Art Exhibit Gallery Wall
- Bike Lock
- Collection Development
- Fines & Fees
- Freedom of Information Act
- General Exhibit
- Interlibrary Loan
- Internet Use
- Library Records Confidentiality Act
- Loan Periods
- Meeting Rooms
- Mission Statement
- Open Meetings Act
- Patron Code of Conduct
- Public Comment and Recording
- Reference Services
- Security Surveillance
- Serving and Selling Alcohol
- Social Media
- Student Trustee
- Study Rooms
- Unattended Children
- Volunteer Policy
POPLAR CREEK PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT JOB POSTING
TITLE: Tech/Studio Desk Clerk. Starting salary $13.56 per hour depending upon qualifications.
DEPARTMENT: Popular Materials or Creative Media
REPORTS TO: Popular Materials Manager or Creative Media Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time; Non-exempt; Approximately 15 hours weekly
Position Summary: The Library has two 15 hours per week positions available (see Hours & Work Schedule for details).
Assists patrons in finding information and using library services and facilities in the studio and creative computing areas of the Library. Assists patrons with computer software issues, printing, downloadable files and other computer related needs. Provides technical assistance related to computers and personal digital devices to enhance patrons’ digital literacy. Performs responsibilities professionally and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Library.
- Provide informational and technology assistance to patrons in person or on the telephone.
- Become familiar with all software PCPLD offers for public use and be able to assist with basic questions
- Assist patrons with use of downloadable materials, e-readers, and tablets
- Become familiar with creative technologies and maker offerings within the Library
- Instruct and assist patrons in the use of the library catalog, self-checkout stations, MS Office, and other computer software including creative media
- Collaborate with all Library departments
- Create reports as needed
- Effectively convey Library policies and procedures to the public and staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Graduation from high school or equivalent experience. Some college preferred
Experience: One year experience working with the public preferred
Hours & Work Schedule:
Position 1: Mondays & Wednesdays 3 p.m. -8 p.m. and alternating Saturday (10 a.m. - 4 p.m.)/Sunday (12 p.m. – 4 p.m.) shifts OR
Position 2: Tuesdays & Thursdays 3 p.m. -8 p.m. and alternating Saturday (10 a.m. - 4 p.m.)/Sunday (12 p.m. – 4 p.m.) shifts
Application Deadline: January 5th, 2018. Please indicate if you are applying for Position 1 OR Position 2.
Poplar Creek Public Library District
c/o Human Resources
1405 S. Park Ave.
Streamwood, IL 60107-2997
The Poplar Creek Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. The Library complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Persons needing accommodations in the application or interview process should notify the HR Manager. Nothing in this site constitutes a promise or offer of employment.
EVerify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security